Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Oowww

I've had muscle spasms in my shoulder for about a week now. They crop up about twice a year, usually after I carry something heavy, like a grocery bag or computer, hoisting the handles up onto my shoulder. I almost never do that anymore, but still, the muscle spasms hit from time to time, radiating up into my neck, so it's painful to support my head.


I thought I had stayed on top of it this time, taking ibuprofen right off the bat, so the spasms wouldn't build on themselves, spurred on by the pain. But they've hit full force for the last 48 hours, and nothing seems to deter them, despite anti-inflammatories and soothing heat.

Muscle spasms have given me great respect and empathy for people with chronic pain. I know that my pain will go away eventually. Chronic pain is never ending, something I cannot begin to fathom.

Dambara is wholeheartedly supportive, and both kitties nestle in quietly while tears seep onto my pillow. I have a fabulous life. It's just a hard day, is all. I'm hoping for a better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Manisha, some things you can try - comfrey oil, of course! Hailey's pain salve, cramp bark tincture, kava tincture, wild lettuce tincture. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Farming with a Trowel

I was about six years old when I started tending my first garden. Even then, I loved pulling away the chaotic weeds to make room for orderly...