Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Connections

Connections weren't a big thing when I was younger. Is it an age thing, or a moving-through-clueless thing, that now, connections with friends seem to be so important?

Connections

When people come to visit, or we're able to visit friends, reading comments and posts from friends, getting a text, my heart always opens up, and I feel so much happier. I love the glimpses into other people's lives and thoughts. It's not the same as face-to-face, but it's quite amazing how connected we can feel, through social media, electronics, and simple thinking-of-you.

I believe that our human interactions, experiences, and feelings are a reflection of those same realities with the divine energy that is all around us and inside us. Nurturing connections with our friends teaches us how to nurture our connection with divine energy.

When we fall in love, when we laugh over a cup of tea, listen to a great story, or share an insight, those are all glimpses of God. That feeling we get of joy and completeness, those are experiences of God. Forget about the bearded man on a majestic cloud somewhere unimaginable. That joy we experience through creativity, nature, friendship, that's God.

Thank you, friends. The spark of God in me honors the spark of God in you.

Have a lovely Wednesday.



1 comment:

Farming with a Trowel

I was about six years old when I started tending my first garden. Even then, I loved pulling away the chaotic weeds to make room for orderly...