Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Blue Skies

Seclusion

Dambara is in seclusion for a couple of days, staying at The Hermitage, which is only about 10 minutes away. It's a working seclusion, allowing him to stay immersed in a music project that has been rattling around in his imagination for quite a while. This time away from the everyday will catapult that project toward completion.

Blue skies at Ananda Farm Camano Island
A special addition to his seclusion are the blue skies that greeted Camano Island this morning. It's beautiful outside! Not only do blue skies bring bright sunshine, but at The Hermitage, they bring a vista of the Cascades, sprawling along the horizon across the bay from The Hermitage. Imagine that view, sunshine, seclusion, and music. A glorious combination.

Inner guide

Spring color and delight
Another facet of Dambara's seclusion is that I have the house to myself, so I get to have a sort of seclusion as well. It probably won't be a deep seclusion, as our house is still cluttered with moving boxes, poised furniture, and an enormous to-do list. But it promises to be a heavenly time simply because my goal is to follow my inner guide.

What shall I do today? Writing, obviously, because, here we are. And chunks of sewing sprinkled throughout the day, sweet little odds and ends to enhance our soon-to-be simple life. What will bring joy to my heart? What creativity will flow today? What will come next?

My big ambition is planting daffodil and tulip bulbs.

Because we have blue skies today.

Tricky project

Always worth it
Bulbs are a tricky project for me. They hold such a promise of springtime beauty and delight, so they were a powerful lure, sitting, quietly whistling their alluring song at the entrance to Home Depot, weeks ago. Plus they were 50% off. Plus I'd been pricing them through online suppliers, for staggering sums. So, of course, I brought home three boxes, some 200+ bulbs for next to nothing.

I put them out on the deck, out of the way, with all of the construction and debris and giant boxes of appliances shifting around them. I see them often. They've never risen to the top of the to-do list, because they can safely be postponed, and running water, running hot water, seemed so much more desirable.

But we have blue skies today.

Seclusion, inner guides, and blue skies; it's a wonderful world.
Bliss and Serena in their sunny window

1 comment:

Farming with a Trowel

I was about six years old when I started tending my first garden. Even then, I loved pulling away the chaotic weeds to make room for orderly...